“You can’t learn anything when you’re trying to look like the smartest person in the room.”
- Barbara Kingsolver.
We are delighted to be partnering a dynamic and accomplished educational organisation in South Birmingham. In response to a restructuring initiative, they are seeking an experienced Interim Financial Accountant to step into an engaging role. This position entails overseeing various grant-funded projects while ensuring meticulous management of the balance sheet.
As the Interim Financial Accountant, you will report to the Director of Finance and assume a diverse range of responsibilities to enhance the efficient financial management of multiple projects.
Your responsibilities as the Financial Accountant will include:
To be considered for the position of Financial Accountant, you will require the following attributes:
- Oversee projects to ensure accurate assessment of revenues, profitability, and costs.
- Maintain precise tracking and reporting of the organisation's cashflow position.
- Review grant funding projections and verify the accurate entry of all cashflow data in the ledger.
What’s on offer:
- ACMA/ACCA/ACA/CIPFA qualified or QBE with public/education sector experience.
- Available to commence your role promptly and commit to a 2–3-month assignment.
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to manipulate data, create PivotTables, and use Lookup functions.
- A proven track record of working in the public sector and a comprehensive understanding of Financial Accounting.
In addition to the competitive daily rate of £300, you will have the chance to engage in a stimulating interim assignment, participating in key projects within the organisation. This role offers a hybrid working arrangement, with four days per week based on-site in Solihull.
This role sits within IR35.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.