A newly created, commercial role designed to add significant value within a successful, high growth professional services business.
A fantastically successful professional services which has transformed from respected regional firm to being firmly established within the Top 100 within its sector. Led by an incredibly talented and passionate leadership team this is a financial healthy, cash-rich business with exciting plans for continued acquisitive and organic growth.
A highly commercial role, this is a newly created position which will play a key part in managing all aspects of cost management across the firm, including advising on large projects, investments, contracts and associated costs. You’ll provide strategic input, supporting business decisions and providing advice to leaders across the business on threats and opportunities to support future growth. This will include:
- Managing financial planning, forecasting and reporting, ensuring consistency of approach in line with the firm’s values in order to meet financial targets
- Develop and manage financial models and reports, reporting variances in OEPEX or investment spend
- Analyse, recommend and approve investment for complex projects including infrastructure, IT and marketing
- Advise on procurement strategy for projects/contracts
- Proactively monitor spend against project budget, reporting regularly to project leads
- Be accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of projects, providing effective governance and communication on contract terms
- Support the Business Development team in financial planning and modelling
- Accurate reporting of direct costs and overheads, making recommendations on improvements to financial systems, improving the accuracy of profitability reporting
- Management and development of a small Accounts Payable team
- Fully qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) or consideration will be given to outstanding QBE candidates
- Sector expertise – professional services (preferably from the finance function of an accountancy or legal sector firm)
- Leadership qualities – confident and credible to work with and influence senior leadership colleagues
- Strong analytical and modelling skills – able to translate complex data into meaningful insight for non-finance colleagues
- Deeply commercial mindset – true depth of understanding of the business, its drivers and able to “join up the dots”
Hybrid working is available. Package includes salary to £65,000pa, electric car scheme, bonus, pension, life cover, enhanced maternity/paternity, cycle to work and discount schemes. This is a truly exciting opportunity to make a real difference within a forward-thinking team which is ready to welcome your valuable insight and input.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.