“Effective performance is preceded by painstaking preparation.” - Brian Tracy.
A fantastic chance is now available for a Assistant Management Accountant to join our client's London-based team. This presents an excellent opening for someone with 1-2 years of financial expertise, which includes general ledger accounting, who is eager to advance in their career. The chosen candidate will play a pivotal role within the Finance team, aiding in the creation of monthly management reports and contributing to the organisation's annual budgeting process.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Management Accountant include but not limited to:
The successful Assistant Management Accountant will require the following skills and experience:
- Assist in generating monthly Management Accounts, which involves creating accruals and prepayment calculations and entering month-end journal entries
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide weekly updates for Marketing and eCommerce cost tracking
- Manage Fixed Asset registers, including Capex reporting and depreciation tracking
- Offer support in the preparation of the annual Budget process
- Aid in preparing for Year End activities, which include generating Audit documents and gathering data for Statutory Financial Statements
- Handle Landlord Turnover certificates and Office for National Statistics submissions
- Possess 1-2 years of financial expertise, with a focus on general ledger accounting
- Demonstrate proficiency in posting month-end journals, particularly with prepayments and accruals
- It is advantageous to be currently pursuing an accounting qualification (such as CIMA or ACCA)
- Ideally, have experience within the retail sector, and multi-site experience is a valuable asset
- Possess an advanced level of spreadsheet skills, with the ability to manipulate data, including functions like SUMIFS, lookups, and pivot tables
- Capable of working efficiently within tight deadlines while upholding a high standard of precision and attention to detail
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.