"Accounting is the language of business.” Warren Buffett.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Qualified/Part Qualified Accountant to join our client’s Bristol team on a permanent basis. The main duty associated with this role is overseeing the daily cost transactions for Central Functions' individual Income Statements, along with maintaining the Balance Sheet position in both a managerial and statutory context.
Responsibilities of the Management Accountant will include, but will not be limited to:
The successful Management will require the following skills and experience:
- Deliver monthly reports to Vice Presidents, Directors, and Cost Centre Managers, explaining variances to budget for revenue and capital expenditure within eight working days for a range of functions.
- Prepare and submit Monthly Management Reports
- Manage the Delegation of Authority Matrix using the electronic Vendor Invoice Management application
- Provide source data and summaries of foreign currency hedging/posting monthly
- Maintain financial discipline within the team through monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations, ensuring accuracy and timeliness, including resolving reconciling items and billing Central Function recharges
- Coordinate the consolidated accrual and prepayment upload for Employment and third-party costs
- Manage the Budget and Forecasting process for the assigned cost centre portfolio
- Support, process, and approve HR stakeholder activities related to one of the three UK payrolls, including monthly reconciliation of payroll and international assignee balances
- Qualified or Part Qualified Accountant
- Good knowledge of IT applications especially SAP and Hyperion Financial Management
- Good understanding of the workings of a shared service finance function and international organisation
- Computer literate and manipulation of data using current Microsoft applications
- A working knowledge of transfer pricing and indirect tax across European jurisdictions would be advantageous
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Good communication skills and the ability to summarise financial information to financial and non-financial managers across the broad spectrum of co-workers
- Thoughtful, enjoy attention to detail and problem solving
- Effective under pressure
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.