“It takes less time to do things right than to explain why you did it wrong.”
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
Are you a skilled accountant with a passion for financial compliance and governance? Our client, an esteemed London-based organisation, is seeking a Group Accountant to join their dynamic team and lead the charge in evaluating and implementing changes in response to evolving UK Corporate Governance requirements. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of the Group's Financial Compliance and Governance function.
Responsibilities as the Group Accountant – Compliance & Governance include but not limited to:
To be considered for the position of Group Accountant – Compliance & Governance you will require:
- Stay updated on the latest UK Corporate Governance requirements, interpret and communicate to key stakeholders within the team and across the organisation.
- Lead the implementation of enhancements required to the Group's internal controls environment to ensure compliance and robust governance.
- Serve as the central liaison for matters related to internal controls and compliance.
- Proactively recognise forthcoming accounting standards that may impact the Group, evaluating their effects, and formulating comprehensive implementation strategies to ensure adherence.
- Offer technical guidance and mentorship to fellow team members.
- Review, maintain and develop Group Directives, policies and finance and accounting manuals.
- Professional qualification in accounting (ACCA, CIMA, or ACA).
- Hands on IFRS 15 implementation experience.
- Have worked at PLC or listed project based businesses.
- Strong knowledge of UK Corporate Governance regulations.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Experience with internal controls and risk management.
If you are a dedicated and experienced accountant with a passion for financial compliance and governance, we want to hear from you. Please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.