“Effective performance is preceded by painstaking preparation.” - Brian Tracy
We are delighted to share the news that Sheridan Maine has established a collaboration with an established organisation to bring on board a talented Management Accountant to join their expanding team in Wimbledon.
This position encompasses tasks related to transactional work, monthly P&L analysis, and reconciling balance sheets. Additionally, it involves managing responsibilities for capital spending, intercompany operations, marketing expenses, and utility expenditures.
Your responsibilities as the Management Accountant will include:
The successful Management Accountant will require the following skills and experience:
- Managing utilities (electricity, gas, water) and month-end accounting, acting as the main contact for energy providers and consultants
- Handling month-end accounting for IT, digital marketing, and postage & packaging
- Managing intercompany transactions, including coding, invoice verification, and P&L posting
- Collaborating with budget holders on these expenses.
- Overseeing fixed assets, including recording, reconciliation, budgeting, depreciation, and year-end reviews
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts, such as accruals, capex control, and intercompany accounts
- Assisting the Financial Controller and Finance Manager with month-end reporting and ad hoc projects
- Part-Qualified Accountant in pursuit of ACA / CIMA / ACCA qualification
- Oriented towards delivering results and solutions
- A team player, always ready to contribute
- Proficient in multitasking
- Exceptional communication skills across various platforms
- Advanced Excel proficiency, including pivot tables and nested formulas
- Proactively identifies and escalates issues when necessary
- Retail experience is beneficial
- Possesses precision, thoroughness, and strong organisational skills
- 26 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Bonus incentives
- A pension scheme and free life assurance (after qualifying period)
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Regular social events
- Colleagues wellbeing and mental health programme
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.