Sheridan Maine are working in collaboration with a leading organisation based across the South Coast, who are seeking a technically strong Financial Accountant. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Accountant to play an integral part of a growing, forward thinking organisation.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for the coordination and the delivery of all external regulatory reporting for the Group including some of the following key areas:
- Preparation of the statutory accounts for the Group and the individual subsidiary companies
- Assisting with the preparation of the groups consolidated accounts covering the management and statutory accounts
- Manage external reporting tasks as needed
- Responsible for coordination and delivery of regulatory financial reporting, including the quarterly returns and submission of statutory accounts
- Assisting with the preparation of the consolidated VAT returns, including submission, payments and managing any subsequent queries
- Key contact for VAT with HMRC and external consultants
- Coordinate the monthly journal review process across all finance divisions
- Working closely with the group SLT to ensure continuous improvement across finance including any process improvement implementations
Key skills and attributes required:
- The ideal candidate will be fully qualified (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
- Experience in statutory accounts preparation and preparing VAT returns
- A sound working knowledge of consolidation accounting is essential along with strong technical experience
- Other desirable areas of expertise include FRS102, fixed asset accounting and joint ventures
- You will be an excellent communicator and able ot build longstanding relationships at all levels
- Able to presents written and verbal communication clearly and professionally
Highly competitive starting salary and excellent benefits are on offer to the successful candidate.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.