“Try to be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud.” Maya Angelou.
Sheridan Maine is excited to represent our esteemed client, a well-established organisation based in Glastonbury, Somerset. The business is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Assistant Accountant to join its finance team.
As the Assistant Accountant, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the finance department and contributing to the financial success of the business.
Your responsibilities as the Assistant Accountant will include:
To be considered for the position of Assistant Accountant, you will require the following:
- Monthly posting and reconciliation of accruals and prepayments
- Manage the groups asset registers
- Preparation of monthly payroll journals
- Monitor and reconcile PAYE, NI and pension control accounts
- Conducting weekly bank reconciliations
- Support the Financial Controller in ad-hoc projects and analysis
- Assist with annual audits and additional reporting as required
- Assist with daily accounting tasks, including accounts payable and receivable
- Drive continuous improvement in processes to ensure efficiency and consistency
- Part qualification (AAT/ACA/ACCA) preferred but not essential
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working options
- Study support for professional qualifications
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- A supportive and inclusive work culture
If you are a motivated and aspiring finance professional looking for an opportunity to grow with a fast-paced and evolving organisation, we would love to hear from you. Please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.