“If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” Jim Rohn.
Our esteemed client, a prominent organisation based in Cardiff, is seeking a dynamic and experienced Finance Director to join their team. In the capacity of Finance Director, you will undertake a pivotal role, assuming overall responsibility for risk management, control, reporting, and central finance business partnership within the organisation.
Your key responsibilities as the Finance Director will include:
To be considered for the role of Finance Director, you will require:
- Ensure the efficient operation of financial processes, systems, and controls, with a focus on accuracy and timelines
- Take ownership of business risk and compliance
- Lead with the delivery of accurate and timely financial reports, including forecasting and budgeting, to support decision-making processes
- Implement and maintain a robust control system for accounting transactions
- Drive Finance team support for business units in achieving financial goals and optimising performance
- Develop, implement and lead an organisation-wide risk management strategy and framework
- Identify and assess strategic and operational business risks and collaborate with the business to develop suitable mitigation plans
- Lead and oversee stress testing and scenario analysis to assess the financial resilience of the organisation
- Take charge of creating yearly and multi-year budgets, supervising all financial and capital planning tasks
- Consistently assess financial performance with a focus on enhancing the quality of financial reporting, management insights, and analytical processes
- Provide expert financial advice and recommendations to the executive leadership team
- Ensure compliance with all relevant financial regulations, staying up to date with changes and implementing necessary adjustments
- Collaborate with other senior leaders to drive financial efficiency and effectiveness across the organisation
- Develop and execute the financial strategy in alignment with the organisation's objectives and long-term goals
- Educated to Degree level with an associated professional qualification as appropriate (ACA/ACCA) is essential
- Proven experience in a senior finance leadership role within a corporate setting
- Strong understanding of risk management, compliance, and consumer fraud prevention
- Broad technical knowledge, encompassing matters related to business conduct, corporate governance, and the complexities of regulatory risk and regulatory change
- Competitive salary package
- Hybrid working arrangement (50% in-office, 50% remote)
- Generous 20% annual bonus
If you are a results-driven finance professional with a passion for compliance, risk management, and strategic leadership, we encourage you to apply for this exciting Finance Director position. Please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.