“Winners make a habit of manufacturing their own positive expectations in advance of the event.” - Brian Tracy.
Sheridan Maine is partnering with a reputable manufacturing business based in Birmingham to recruit a Ledger Clerk for their finance team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone at the beginning of their career; - possibly someone with an interest in accounting. This is a temporary role with the potential for permanent employment. If you're enthusiastic about learning and acquiring valuable professional experience in a dynamic company, we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities of the Ledger Clerk include:
To be considered for the role of Ledger Clerk, you will require:
- Raise sales invoices from delivery notes in the accounting system
- Process purchase invoices into the accounts system
- Reconcile all bank accounts
- Maintain financial records and transactions on shared drive
- Reconcile supplier statements to purchase ledger
- Issue customer statements and chase overdue debts on a weekly basis
- Ensure documents are filed correctly and in a timely manner
- Ad-hoc finance duties and reporting
- Enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a passion to learn and take on new challenges
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Good communication skills
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.