Sheridan Maine are supporting our client in the recruitment of an experienced Reserving Actuary/Actuarial Manager to take a pivotal role within the team, based from either their London or Southampton office.
Our client is going through a exciting period, with several business transformations to adapt to a more technology-driven future, modernising their way of working, while continuing to offer technical expertise in a number of areas. As Actuarial Manager you will be in a business facing role and will work regularly with colleagues across the business. Supporting the Head of the Division and the Chief Actuary in all aspects of the team’s work across multiple areas; therefore a proven track record of preparing and presenting a wide range of analysis to stakeholders is crucial.
The Actuarial Team is primarily responsible for Reserving, forecasting performance and providing valuable insights to various stakeholders to support business decisions, covering a large remit of the company portfolio. The team plays an essential role in helping the business to understand performance during vastly changing market conditions, across issues including the current inflationary environment, regulatory change and the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.
So if you really enjoy digging into the drivers of claims experience and explaining findings to the business, and you are seeking a high degree of variety in your work, this is the perfect role for you!
The main responsibilities of the Actuarial Manager:
Key experiences and skills:
- Manage and oversee elements of the quarterly and monthly reserve review exercises, prepare high quality reports explaining the results as well as additional claims related analyses
- Conduct and guide in-depth claims analysis to produce actionable insight for the wider business, communicating results and their implications
- Get involved in and assist in steering the department’s transformation projects and other strategic priorities
- Review work prepared by other team members and be heavily involved in the preparation of clear and effective communications to present the results
- Line management of analysts, providing regular and effective feedback and supporting all aspects of staff development
Benefits and Salary
- A relevant Actuarial qualification (IFoA or equivalent)
- Significant General Insurance knowledge and Actuarial experience
- Experience managing and mentoring others, with the ability to lead by example, maintain a visible leadership presence, and manage performance effectively
- A proactive and innovative approach to Project Management, including the ability to delegate effectively, ensuring appropriate participation and support
- Strong communication skills, experience of preparing and presenting technical reports for non-actuarial stakeholders
- This role offers a high degree of autonomy and the Actuarial Manager must be a confident self-starter with the ability to prioritise work, make confident decisions and use data to solve abstract problems and deliver high impact, intelligent solutions
- This role would suit someone coming from a consultancy background who wants to make a move into industry without losing the variety, or someone who has relevant in-house experience and wants to broaden their role and take the next step in their career.
: A fantastic, highly competitive salary and benefits package are on offer and include; flexible and hybrid working, Health, Life and Dental Insurance, Bonus schemes, Salary reviews and a wide array of additional benefits.
If you meet the qualifications and possess the necessary expertise for this exciting opportunity, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.