“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” Mahatma Gandhi.
A Bristol based business with a friendly and supportive work culture is recruiting for a Finance Assistant. My client is looking for an individual who is either currently pursuing or has achieved AAT Level 4 certification, and is available to start immediately. This position is temporary for a duration of six months, with the possibility of transitioning to a permanent role.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, and working with key stakeholders in the business, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks.
Your responsibilities as the Finance Assistant, will include:
The successful Finance Assistant will require:
- Completion of a range of month end tasks, including month end journal posting and reconciliations, in line with the timetable
- Assisting in the preparation of the monthly Business Review pack
- Contributing to the on-going improvement of existing processes and controls
- Supporting the year end audit and statutory accounts preparation
- Proactively supporting other teams (UK and worldwide) to help resolve queries
- Updating cashbooks and posting the transactions
- Processing Sales and Purchase Ledger invoices and payments in the system
- Obtaining authorisations and creating batch payments via the online banking platforms
- Internal payroll processing
- Studying towards / qualified at AAT Level 4 or higher
- Experience in a similar finance role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.