“Numbers are your game; success is your aim - a Management Accountant's job is never mundane!"
Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with a leading firm based in Bristol. Due to a sustained period of business growth, our client is currently seeking an experienced Group Management Accountant to join its dynamic team. If you have a background in professional services or the legal sector and are looking for a challenging role with opportunities for growth, this could be the perfect fit for you.
As the Group Management Accountant, you will play a pivotal role in the finance team, contributing to the overall financial success of the organisation.
Your responsibilities as the Group Management Accountant will include:
To be considered for the position of Group Management Accountant, you will require:
- Manage and co-ordinate the production of the firm's monthly statistics, including team profitability, working capital management and fee earner efficiency
- Preparation and ownership of the firm's management accounts with P&L, balance sheet and cashflow analysis
- Collaborate with various departments to gather financial data and provide insights
- Develop and maintain budgets and forecasts
- Lead on sector and key account management reporting
- Manage and co-ordinate monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Identify areas for process improvement and cost-saving opportunities
- Play a key role in the firm's annual audit process
- Group tax management and compliance around VAT, CT, payroll taxes etc
- Ad hoc tasks as required
- Development and coaching of the firm's junior accountants
What’s on offer:
- A professional accounting qualification (e.g., ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent)
- Experience in a similar management accounting role
- Experience in a professional services or legal setting is highly preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Competitive salary package
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment
- Employee benefits package
- Continuing education and training opportunities
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.