“Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” Edward Everett Hale.
We have an exciting opportunity available in London for a Deputy Finance Director to join our client's team on a 6-month Fixed Term Contract. For finance professionals aspiring to progress in their careers, this opportunity offers an excellent chance to join a well-established company. The perfect candidate will be qualified ACA (or equivalent) with experience in financial modelling, budgeting, forecasting and accounts preparation.
The successful candidate will provide strong FP&A offering, whilst contributing to the company’s strategic objectives by providing strong financial modelling to ensure financial commitments are met.
Responsibilities of the Deputy Finance Director will include, but will not be limited to:
- Lead budgeting and forecasting with insightful challenge for accuracy
- Manage cash flows and working capital demands
- Establish strong financial policies and procedures
- Maintain effective accounting systems and policies
- Support optimisation of processes and risk mitigation
- Analyse client agreements and recommend actions
- Benchmark margins and key KPIs
- Act as Finance Director backup, managing a large team
- Supervise management accounting and reporting
- Provide technical support and adding value as a point of escalation when challenges arise
- Foster relationships across Finance and the wider business
The successful Deputy Finance Director will require the following skills and experience:
- Aid Group Statutory Accountant in leading audits
- Ensure financial procedure and regulation compliance
- Certified member of a professional accounting institute, preferably ICAEW, ICAS or equivalent
- Expertise in statutory requirements, financial reporting, and tax laws
- Strong financial modelling skills and experience
- Proficient in accounting systems and principles, potential SUN 6.4 familiarity
- Fund knowledge/experience is a bonus
- Skilled in presenting financial information to senior leaders
- Effective communicator, inspiring at all levels
The position offers a hybrid working arrangement, requiring 2-3 days working from the office each week.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.