“Effective performance is preceded by painstaking preparation.” - Brian Tracy.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in the heart of London for a skilled Management Accountant to become a part of our client's team on a permanent basis. This role is ideal for an Accountant who is fully qualified (ACCA/CIMA) with Financial Services experience, or ACA qualified from an auditing background within the Financial Services sector and who is seeking to advance their career to the next level.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Finance to support the production of monthly consolidated management accounts, maintain accuracy of all loan schedules, and support the overall cash management required to finance the client’s lending activities.
Responsibilities of the Management Accountant will include, but will not be limited to:
The successful Management Accountant will require the following skills and experience:
- Maintain financial records and generate monthly management accounts for group entities
- Manage the fixed asset register
- Prepare supporting schedules for month-end accounts
- Develop and oversee purchase authorisation and payment processes
- Aid in creating management accounts for additional group companies
- Contribute to the preparation of annual statutory accounts for various group entities
- Implement and maintain strong financial controls and systems
- Operate payment systems and online banking protocols
- Complete quarterly VAT returns
- Liaise with the payroll provider for monthly updates
- Assist the Head of Finance in loan accounting reconciliations
- Support new mortgage completions and reconcile customer collections
- Verify accuracy of customer redemption statements
- Provide cover for the Head of Finance
- Perform other relevant ad hoc duties
- Fully qualified (ACA, ACCA, or CIMA)
- Experience of accounting/auditing within the Financial Services sector
- Proficient in accounting and reporting practices
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experienced with Sage accounting software
This opportunity provides flexible work arrangements, incorporating a hybrid work model.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.