“Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.” - Muhammad Ali.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be partnering a well-established Business Services organisation to recruit an Assistant GL Accountant. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business with a wonderful culture and supportive work environment.
As the Assistant GL Accountant, you will play a vital role in supporting the production of management accounts by delivering allocated tasks on schedule.
Your responsibilities will include:
To be considered for the position of Assistant GL Accountant, you will require:
- Assist in maintaining and reconciling the general ledger accounts
- Prepare journal entries and ensure they are accurately recorded
- Collaborate with other finance team members to gather and analyse financial data
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing processes
- Participate in the preparation of financial statements and reports
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting activities
- Handle ad-hoc financial tasks and projects as required
- Actively engage in continuous improvement ensuring suggestions and opportunities are highlighted
- Part-Qualified and actively studying with ICAEW, CIMA or ACCA
- Previous experience in an accounting or finance position
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in financial data
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
If you are a motivated individual with a passion for finance and are ready to take the next step in your career, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.