“Without a sense of caring there can be no sense of community.” Anthony J. D'Angelo.
Are you a detail-oriented finance professional with experience in accounts payable? Do you have a passion for making a positive impact on a global scale? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Our client is a dynamic and impactful international charity based in the heart of North London. The organisation is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Finance Officer to join its busy finance team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with accounts payable experience in an international environment who is eager to transition into the international charity sector.
Your responsibilities as the Finance Officer will include:
To be considered for the role of Finance Officer, you will require:
- Process invoices, expense claims, and payments in a timely manner
- Preparing weekly payments runs
- Dealing with accounts payable queries
- Maintaining a strong control environment, ensuring accounting records are complete and accurate
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of financial processes
- Ensure all transactions are processed accurately within the accounting system, posting adjustments where necessary
- Reconcile all bank and credit card accounts
- Assist the Financial Accountant with all balance sheets reconciliations
- Assist the Financial Accountant with the maintenance of the fixed asset register and inventory
- Help generate supporting schedules required in relation to the year-end statutory accounts and audits
- Assist the Financial Accountant with month-end tasks as required
- Provide administrative support in relation to all bank accounts
- Monitor bank balances and currency requirements
- Previous experience in accounts payable within an international environment
- Solid knowledge of financial regulations and accounting principles
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.