“Control your own destiny or someone else will.” Jack Welch.
Are you an accomplished accountant with a strong fund management and reporting background looking for an exciting opportunity to make your mark as a Financial Controller? Do you have a desire to develop your expertise in financial analysis, strategic planning, and operational control within the business setting? If so, this could be the role for you!
In this role, as Financial Controller, you will oversee financial reporting for two international funds, investing across Europe, Asia, South America, and the US.
Based in the heart of central London, you'll have the flexibility of a hybrid work arrangement, balancing office presence with remote work options.
Your responsibilities as the Financial Controller will include:
To be considered for the role of Financial Controller, you will require the following attributes:
- Oversee the monthly and quarterly clearance and CEO reports ensuring accuracy and high quality of reporting within defined reporting deadlines
- Full responsibility for monthly fund tracker monitoring funds used & generated from investment, operations, and distributions across the Group
- Manage capital and debt calls and distribution of the fund monitoring and take appropriate measures to avoid tax leakages and ensure compliance with local regulations
- Perform suitable risk and sensitivity analysis at the fund level to enable stakeholders to make decisions for strategic, operational, and other purposes
- Full responsibility over global accounting policies ensuring common accounting practices and policies is applied across all the regions the fund operates in
- Support the regional and leadership team in technical accounting matters by understanding the issue and making recommendations for operational, strategic, M&A, divestment, restructuring and other matters
- Ensure technical compliance and highest standards of corporate governance, including reviewing internal control processes compliance
- Work closely with auditors on implementation of new/existing financial reporting standards, changes in accounting estimates and discussing technical accounting issues
- Drive process improvements across the finance reporting team, including documentation and improvements to the accounting processes and implementation of system improvements
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders across the Group
- Liaise with professional advisors
What's on Offer:
- Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent) with minimum 8 years PQE (multi-entity reporting essential)
- A robust technical background with experience from top 10 accounting firms (preferable “big 4”)
- Exceptional communication skills for effective stakeholder engagement
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Hybrid work arrangement
- A supportive and inclusive work culture that thrives on innovation and teamwork
- 30 days’ holiday per year
If you're eager to propel your career forward and make a significant impact within a well-regarded establishment, we invite you to apply for the role of Financial Controller. Please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.