Sheridan Maine are working in partnership with our client based in Southampton, who are seeking a Senior Management Accountant to join their growing finance team.
The accomplished Senior Management Accountant will oversee a compact team of Assistant Management Accountants, fostering strong collaboration with the central Finance team, Project Managers throughout the organisation, and Finance Business Partners providing vital support to the operational departments.
The primary purpose of this role is for the financial accounting and reporting of the capital assets and applying the group’s capital accounting policies.
Main duties of the Senior Management Accountant include:
The successful Senior Management Accountant will require the following skills and experience:
- Management of the quarter end and year end processes
- Responsible for SOX controls relating to Capital Review of Capital balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis comments
- Provide leadership to the Capital accounting team and associated business processes, including the management of two staff
- Responsible for set up of new assets within Oracle Fixed Assets, including determination of appropriate asset lives in accordance with group policy, monthly depreciation, and loss on disposal accounting
- Preparation or review of journals relating to Capital
- Review of Capital balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis comments
- Review of quarterly capital roll forward schedule, prepared by Assistant Financial Accountant prior to submission
- Collaborate with various sectors within Finance, the business, and both internal and external auditors to guarantee adherence to Fixed Asset and Software policy and process compliance
- Complete other reports and analysis for review
Benefits on offer to the successful candidate:
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) Accountant
- SOX Controls experience would be desirable
- Strong Accounting or Audit background (could also suit a first move from Practice)
- Finance experience gained in a large company environment would be beneficial
- Experience of Oracle ERP and Hyperion financial systems
- Analytical thinker with an eye for detail
- Great communication and leadership skills
- Annual bonus
- Minimum 25 days leave, bank holiday allowance and holiday trading scheme
- Home and office-based hybrid working (minimum two office days)
- Company paid Health Cash Plan and health assessment
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Shares Plan
- Extensive learning and development opportunities
- Electric Car and Cycle to Work schemes
- Recognition scheme with awards and prizes
- Employee and friends Discounts on products
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.