Sheridan Maine are supporting our growing client based in Central Dorset who are looking to recruit an Interim Financial Controller for the business.
This exciting new opportunity would suit a passionate and detail orientated Financial Controller. Managing a small team, this is a diverse role ensuring that robust financial controls are in place to provide accurate and timely management and financial accounts.
Key Responsibilities of the Financial Controller will include:
To be considered for the position of Interim Financial Controller:
- Completion of the month end close process and preparation of consolidated management accounts for review, together with the incorporation of non-financial metrics
- Development of financial processes and procedures, including supporting annual, mid-year and ad hoc budgeting and business cases
- Short and medium-term cash flow forecasting to take account of business growth and efficiencies
- Working with the procurement function to review stock recording and reporting
- Supporting the wider business with business analysis and other finance tasks as appropriate
- Monthly payroll review and reporting
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Preparation and processing the VAT return
- Preparation and finalisation of Annual accounts for all relevant entities, including liaising with external accountants and auditors
- Management of the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable personnel, including ultimate responsibility for their output and workload
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or a finalist workings towards an appropriate accounting qualification
- Senior stakeholder experience, including non-financial stakeholders
- Creative problem solver with ability to look at the “art of the possible”
- Attention to detail and the ability to communicate financial concepts in a simple way
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills (PowerPoint and Excel), comfortable manipulating data to prove answers
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.