“When your thoughts, words, and deeds form a seamless fabric, you streamline your efforts and thus eliminate worry and dread.” Epictetus.
Our esteemed client, situated in London, is actively seeking a talented Financial Accountant to join their team on an interim basis. This excellent opportunity allows you to become a valued member of a well-regarded organisation that provides various benefits, such as flexible working arrangements.
The chosen candidate will have a diverse range of responsibilities within the finance domain. These include leading Period End reporting, providing audit support, mentoring team members, and engaging in robust commercial business partnerships, with a particular emphasis on maintaining strong financial control.
Responsibilities of the Financial Accountant will include, but will not be limited to:
The successful Financial Accountant will require the following skills and experience:
- Responsible for delivering accurate month-end results.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Work with the Management Accountant and Financial Controller to understand variances between actual month-end results, forecasts, budgets, and prior years.
- Deliver all local Sales Taxes on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Construct and report on cost centers.
- Regularly review global cash balances to ensure sufficient funding for day-to-day activities and timely settlement of monthly FX contracts.
- Review loan/intercompany accounts, ensuring accurate recording of transactions and monthly balance agreements.
- Play a key role in representing the client with external auditors and assist the Financial Controller in ensuring a smooth year-end audit process.
- Help identify potential control risks and develop solutions.
- Focus on process improvement, not only within your own role but across Finance and the broader business.
- Part-Qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a high volume, low margin business within a listed group
- Detail-oriented and hands-on with a sharp attention to detail
- Practical experience of completing complicated reconciliations
- Confidence using Excel, with a systems orientated mindset
- Ability to effectively communicate intricate accounting concepts in a clear and straightforward manner
- Good knowledge of accounting best practice and IFRS
- Experience of working within a tour operator and with FX accounting knowledge would be advantageous
- Accustomed to managing stakeholders across various time zones
- Ability to work under pressure and ensure deadlines are met
- Problem solver with a positive can-do attitude, actively seeking solutions
- An excellent communicator and team player with a high level of emotional intelligence
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.