My client is a leading financial services business focusing on FX, currency exchange and international payments, who employs circa 3000 staff members and services 70,000 clients globally. They are currently looking to appoint a Head of Accounting who will take financial ownership and accountability of the business.
The successful candidate will become integral in the company’s growth strategy and be heavily relied upon regarding senior commercial change projects. Furthermore, they will be the expert in the financial regulations and processes for the assigned region and act as the main point of contact to relevant stakeholders.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Prepare the board meeting commentary and provide highlights and commentary to directors and executive management on a monthly basis
- Manage and support the delivery of a detailed overall year-end closing plan according to group’s requirements, with clear accountabilities and timelines
- Oversight of financial controls and support team on implementation of controls and process improvement initiatives
- Review and consolidate the management accounts from across the region to prepare one final consolidated management accounts for the group
- Review and agree inter-company reconciliations
- Lead and supervise the team with an efficient month end close
- Act as the main contact for the completion of the interim and year end internal audit and liaise with auditors
- Ensure the P&L reviews are completed on a monthly basis and that all the accruals and provisions are correct
- Carry out balance sheet reviews and control procedure checks
- Act as a main point of contact and lead the delivery of monthly financial reporting packs to the head office
- Lead the preparation and timely completion of all Statutory Annual Audits to agreed deadlines (inc. interim audits as required)
- Take the lead on submission of Annual Accounts of UK companies on Companies House and to the regulator (where required)
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA OR CA qualified
- IFRS and UK GAAP
- MS Office; Outlook, Word, advanced Excel including V-Lookups, pivot tables
- Experience using Sun Accounts systems is an advantage
- High standard of oral & written English is mandatory
- Fluency in other European languages is desirable
- Previous experience of working within in a regulated investment firm
- Some experience working within a similar role within a commercial environment
- Good demonstrable knowledge of UK financial Regulations
- Some awareness of financial regulations, compliance, and risk management within assigned country/region
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.