This is a stepping stone opportunity for an aspiring FD/CFO, with this high profile, Group level role having a visible plan for onward progression within this Private Equity backed business, which has completely transformed over the last few years through organic and acquisitive growth, and which is benefitting from significant investment towards future growth.
A multi-site, multi-channel Group with a respected brand position in its flourishing market, this business continues to grow and evolve year after year. Boasting a high calibre team and a clear vision, this business is very much focussed on the future with succession planning a key part of their people strategy, meaning lots of opportunity and scope to develop and promote talented people.
Managing and developing the Management Accounting function (currently 12 people), your team will be responsible for the production and reporting of group results to internal and external stakeholders under UK GAAP, ensuring accuracy of results and producing consolidation of business commentaries. You'll always be pushing for better ways to do things, encouraging development of new processes and leading with a collaborative and influential style. Responsibilities will include:
- Leadership and development of Management Accounting Team
- Maintain systems and processes
- Maintain up to date and meaningful balance sheet reconciliations and analyses
- Oversee collation and information creation of monthly results for business management team
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly consolidated management accounts with commentaries
- Support Group FC in interpretation of P&L, balance sheet, cash flow implications on commercial performance and performance of processes & controls
- Oversee balance sheet reconciliations and promote tight balance sheet control
- Oversee internal preparation of statutory accounts for all legal entities
- Key point of contact for auditors, tax advisors and insurers
- Cash flow forecasts and reporting
- Manage VAT reporting
- Lead on complex accounting matters such as acquisition accounting
This role will offer huge scope for progression suiting an ambitious individual seeking a springboard role in a world class team environment.Salary to £75k, 10% bonus, 25 days annual leave, pension. Hybrid working available with up to 40% WFH.
- ACA Qualified with Big 4 background
- Several years post qualification and industry experience
- Confident, credible and influential leader
- Applied knowledge of business reporting
- "Big picture" mindset, thinking of the wider business outside of the functional silo
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction. Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.