“Effective performance is preceded by painstaking preparation.” - Brian Tracy.
We are excited to share that Sheridan Maine is partnering with a respected organisation to seek a highly skilled Junior Management Accountant. This role presents a unique opportunity for you to make a tangible difference and leave your mark within the company.
For individuals with a solid accounting background, particularly those who are part-qualified ACCA or CIMA, this presents an excellent chance to further enhance their professional growth.
Your responsibilities as the Management Accountant will include:
The successful Management Accountant will require the following skills and experience:
- Conducting financial analysis and preparing reports for management
- Performing month-end accounting activities, such as producing management accounts, reconciling accounts, and making journal entries
- Collaborating with the finance team to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines
- Generating financial reports and statements for management review
- Analysing financial discrepancies and providing effective recommendations for resolution
- Monitoring expenditures, analysing revenues, and identifying budget variances, reporting findings to management
- Respond to accounting inquiries from management in a timely fashion
- Assisting in budget preparation and expense management activities for assigned accounts
- Supporting auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentation
- Monitoring and recording financial transactions according to company policies and regulations
- Reviewing and recommending changes to existing accounting procedures
- Solid accounting background - part-qualified ACCA or CIMA
- Proficiency in various systems, including Excel, is essential. The ideal candidate should possess strong system skills and demonstrate confidence in Excel and other relevant software. The candidate should be enthusiastic about engaging with different systems.
- Strong commercial awareness
- Confident and driven team player
- Analytical mind with excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
- A positive and proactive "can do" attitude
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and maintain a good sense of humour
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.