“Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.” - Muhammad Ali.
Our client is a highly reputable service business based in the Greater Southampton area and is currently seeking a Financial Reporting Accountant for its thriving team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that offers a collaborative work environment and ample opportunities for professional development.
As the Financial Reporting Accountant, you will play a pivotal role in the organisation's finance team, responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of financial statements and reports. Your expertise in financial reporting and analysis will be crucial in supporting key business decisions and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and accounting standards.
Your responsibilities as the Financial Reporting Accountant will include:
What you will need to be great for this role:
- Preparation of annual financial statements for the UK entities
- Liaise with external auditors
- Produce timely and accurate reporting and reconciliation of the consolidated IFRS balance sheet
- Support the month-end closing process, ensuring accuracy and adherence to deadlines
- Preparation of ad-hoc financial reports
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with various stakeholders
- Support the team with ad-hoc queries and projects
- Contribute to continuous process improvement and efficiency within the finance function
- Professional accounting qualification or part qualified
- Proven experience as a Financial Reporting Accountant or in a similar role
- Experience using Oracle’s E1 and IBM’s Cognos TM1
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in your work
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.