Sheridan Maine are working closely with a growing International SME manufacturer based in Poole, who are seeking a technically strong Financial Accountant. This exceptional opportunity is available for both full-time and part-time engagements.
Reporting into the CFO and Financial Controller, as Financial Accountant you will assist with the preparation, development, and analysis of financial information to allow the business to make well-informed decisions, ensuring future stability, profitability, and growth. The Financial Accountant will help establish and maintain financial policies and management information systems. The role combines accounting skills with effective management and concise communication to both financial and non-financial management.
Financial Accountant role, duties and responsibilities:
- Produce monthly financial statements including consolidated profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and periodic forecasting.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc management reporting and analysis for decision-making.
- Provide a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions.
- Assist in the production of the annual statutory accounts.
- Assist in the production of the VAT return and other Government returns.
- Carry out continuous reviews of working accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations.
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed
Skills & Competencies:
- Newly qualified or Finalist ACCA, CIMA, ACA or QBE.
- Experience in preparation and production of financial and management accounts.
- Working within a manufacturing environment will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter – ability to show initiative and work on his/her own to achieve department and business objectives.
- Professional attitude with appreciation of wider business objectives.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
On offer is a competitive benefits package, early finish on Fridays, company pension, on site parking and a real chance to progress and further develop your career in an interesting, positive and evolving business.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.