“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be recruiting for a Senior Procurement Manager ideally with exposure in the Public Sector. This exciting role operates as an integral part of the procurement team. The Senior Procurement Manager will be a key conduit to effective category management across the organisation.
Reporting to the Procurement Director the role will involve taking the lead with reference to Procurement work.
Responsibilities of the Senior Procurement Manager will include:
• Formulate and oversee a comprehensive resource plan that addresses category management goals and organisational requirements
• Direct and assist high-value and intricate acquisitions, while discovering opportunities to enhance value across the expenditure category project targets
• Offer guidance to stakeholders and team members on inventive procurement methodologies in compliance with regulations
• Pinpoint ongoing enhancements for existing procurement procedures and oversee the execution of novel working methods
• Establish a Contract Management structure for the organisation to deliver expert assistance for crucial agreements and tactical vendor relationships
The successful Senior Procurement Manager will require the following skills and experience:
• Understanding of procurement with a complex organisation
• SIPS 5/6 qualified
• Understand Public Contract Regulations
What’s On Offer:
In addition to the salary of up to £60k, the role is accompanied by a wide array of benefits:
• Private medical
• DC pension scheme employer pays double up to 10% (i.e. employee puts in 5% employer puts in 10%)
• Annual leave 25 days + stat holidays
• Hybrid Working
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.