"Accounting is the language of business.” Warren Buffett.
Our client is a leading manufacturer based in Gloucestershire and is currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant who will join them on a 12-month contract covering maternity leave. The position will suit someone who is AAT level 2 qualified, has worked in the Manufacturing sector and has a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
This position, starting February/March, will initially be a full-time office based role, with a view to becoming hybrid (2 days in the office) a few months down the line.
Responsible for all accounts functions, the Assistant Accountant’s duties will include:
The successful Assistant Accountant will require the following skills and experience:
- Sending sales invoices to clients
- Monitoring all postings on Sage 50 and updating
- Processing supplier invoices and payments within agreed terms
- Dealing with invoicing queries from the team
- Processing payroll and journals
- Bank reconciliations
- Provision of management reports
- Completing VAT return
- Knowledge of Sage Payroll and Sage 50
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow processes and procedures accurately
- Able to work as a team member and independently
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.