“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be partnering a leading UK business to recruit a Group Financial Accountant. Our client is rapidly expanding and therefore has an opportunity for a technically strong Financial Accountant who will join them, initially for 6-months, with potential of going permanent.
The successful candidate will work hybrid hours with office-based days at their site in Newport. Free on-site parking is available.
Responsibilities of the Group Financial Accountant include:
The successful Group Financial Accountant will require the following skills and experience:
- Monthly IFRS 16 lease accounting reporting and review
- Management accounting and day to day maintenance of the central group company books
- Assisting with daily group cash flow and treasury management
- Supporting the year end and interim external financial reporting processes
- Accurately preparing statutory accounts for subsidiary entities
- Assisting with key audit deliverables
- Liaising with auditors, tax advisors, senior management and subsidiary finance teams
- Assisting with the onboarding of future group acquisitions
- Developing and improving adequate processes for internal and external reporting needs
- Ad hoc Finance related projects as required
- CCAB qualified
- Experience in preparing financial statements under UK GAAP and IFRS
- Strong financial reporting, accounting, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
This role sits within IR35.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.