“If opportunity doesn’t knock, then build a door.” Milton Berle.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be collaborating with a growing construction organisation to recruit a Finance Business Partner. This is a fantastic opening for a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, or equivalent) to join a progressive business with ambitious plans of growth for the approaching five years. As the business grows, there will be opportunity for career progression.
The position will suit a commercially motivated finance professional with ability to report and improve project finances and who can communicate well with non-financial colleagues.
Responsibilities of the Finance Business Partner will include but are not limited to:
The successful Finance Business Partner will require the following skills and experience:
- Work with project managers to ensure that reports tracking actual and forecast project performance are accurate, consistent and up to date
- Communicate with the Finance Manager to ensure that project progress is correctly captured at month end
- Assist with project cashflow planning
- Review historic project data to assess past performance and work with the PMs and Operations team to identify areas for operational improvement
- Contribute to forecasting and modelling of future project financials
- Develop efficient and effective financial management processes and identify areas in which current processes can be improved
- Participate in regular management meetings
- Curious and proactive individual with strong attention to detail
- Pragmatic, able to navigate real-world limitations and see the big picture as well as the detail
- Technically sound management accounting knowledge
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.