Sheridan Maine are working in partnership with a well-known organisation who are seeking a Finance Manager to join their business on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
Reporting into the Head of Finance and working closely with the CFO, you will have key responsibility for leading a team of management accountants, within a wider finance team.
The management accounts team prepare the monthly internal reporting, accounting journals and balance sheet reconciliations. In addition, this team is responsible for preparing the annual budget and ensuring that the business manage expenditure within budgeted levels.
Key Responsibilities of the Finance Manager include:
Attributes and key skills required of the Finance Manager include:
- Coordinating the month-end process, including production of the management accounts via Excel, all contributions to the management accounts are compiled into a Management Information pack ready for presentation to the Board
- Leading a team of part-qualified management accountants, ensuring accurate and timely output
- Working closely with the CFO and SLT to prepare the annual budget. This involves consolidating all numbers to prepare the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow budgets with supporting schedules and commentary, maintaining a budget timetable, coordinating submissions from the wider team, liaising with both Finance and non-Finance stakeholders to refine forecasts
- Managing re-forecasting process with regular updates
- Various month-end responsibilities including the preparation and posting of journals and producing balance sheet reconciliations
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Good understanding of accounting principles under FRS102
- Experience of operating in a multi-site business and a medium/large organisation
- Experience of annual budgets and forecasts, month-end close processes, preparing management accounts for presentation to the Board
- Team leadership skills
- Competent user of MS Applications, including advanced Excel skills. The role involves working with large and interlinked Excel models
- You will be a dedicated team player, with exceptional organisational skills, excellent attention to detail as well as being able to manage work to multiple deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a very proactive and accountable approach to your workloads
A highly competitive salary and benefits package are on offer to the successful candidate and the opportunity of working in a friendly, positive team environment.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.