“Control your own destiny or someone else will.” Jack Welch.
Sheridan Maine is working in collaboration with a growing property management Group that is seeking an experienced Finance professional to join them on an interim basis. Our client is seeking someone with a solid background in hotel management accountancy with multi-site hospitality experience.
The Assistant Financial Controller will report to the Group Financial Controller and will have 1 direct report.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Financial Controller will include:
- Provide financial guidance in the formulation and implementation of the Business Plan, Budget and Key Performance Objectives
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Monitor cash-flow across the Group and ensure projection is maintained and performance is maximised
- Produce and review reconciled monthly balance sheet
- Implement and review financial controls and policies
- Analysis of financial and management reports
- Manages the hotel team to ensure the credit policy is adhered to
- Manages payroll and all employee payments
- Implement and maintain acceptable accounting practices and procedures
- Manage, coach and develop the team
- Maintain business control to ensure that all revenues and profits are maximised
- Responsible for the management accounts to explain budget variances
- Work efficiently with all departments to reduce debt and follow up with Debtors
- Advise on corrective action needed for deficiencies in accounting and control (P&L)
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with the stakeholders of the Group
- Evaluate existing internal control measures that apply to accounting procedures and computer systems as per policies and procedures of the Group
- Manage internal and external audits when they occur
The successful Assistant Financial Controller will require the following skills and experience:
- Accounting qualification (MBA/ACCA/CIMA or similar)
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to analyse P&L statements, develop Operating Budgets
- Organisational skills and initiative
- Expertise in Excel (Strong excel skills), Opera, Micros and Sun Accounting systems, Sage
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.