"Accounting is the language of business.” Warren Buffett.
My client is an international award-winning UK based organisation. They are currently looking for a commercial Management Accountant who will report into the Unit Management Accountant and develop the operational finance support to assist Portfolio Managers and their projects in financial and accounting matters.
Responsibilities of the Commercial Accountant will include but not limited to:
- Providing advice to senior managers and key stakeholders in support of the preparation of budgets, complying with entity and inter-entity trading, treasury, tax, currency hedging strategy
- Challenging/supporting pricing, entity setup, inflation, currency and ensuring sufficient and appropriate level of effort and CVs for finance inputs into programme budgets
- Review of Portfolio finances and challenge Portfolio Managers and Project Principals on notable deviation from the forecast
- Preparation and analysis of monthly Management Accounts pack
- Business analysis and performance evaluation
- Management of working capital and assessing the financial aspects of contracts in order to identify risk
- Training of staff to enable them to understand and interpret project information
- Financial evaluation and due diligence of potential acquisition targets, strategic initiatives
- Provide overhead analysis data to relevant managers to assist in managing their costs
The successful Commercial Accountant will require the following skills and qualifications:
- ACCA/CIMA or equivalent (qualified or ongoing)
- Organised individual who can manage deliverables schedules to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical ability with a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power BI and MM ERP systems
- Strong communicator with excellent relationship building skills
- Experience of managing a small team, and operating with, and developing an offshore back-office function
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.