Looking for your next step up into management?
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working exclusively with a leading media advertising company based in London who are looking to recruit a manager for their corporate accounting team. The corporate accounting team is responsible for accounting for US operations as well as global accounting and reporting across various international locations.
Responsibilities of the Accounting & Analysis Manager include:
- Coordinate team efforts around the close schedule and ensure that all required financial data is properly captured, reconciled, documented and disclosed, including review and approval of journal entries in various general ledger accounts
- Ensure timely, accurate reporting of the monthly results and quarterly reporting packages, including review of variance analyses and preparation of internal management reporting / analyses and presentations to management
- Analyse historical data / expense, KPIs, and foreign currency impacts, articulating insights, business trends, and recommended actions to management
- Create and maintain reporting that facilitate analytical and other business requirements
- Ensure that all journal entries, balance sheet and other account reconciliations are properly performed, explained, and supported in accordance with US GAAP and ensuring compliance of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Responsible for overall day-to-day management, goal setting, performance evaluation, and advocacy of 1-2 direct reports (shared responsibilities with another manager to develop and provide feedback of work product for 3 team members, including direct reports)
- Own and drive special projects (such as automation, system implementations) and continuous process improvement
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships throughout the company, including within Global Finance as well as key cross-functional stakeholders such as FP&A, Tax, Procurement, Legal, and IT
- 5+ years of finance/accounting experience (audit experience a plus) with 2+ years of management experience
- Experience working on and good understanding of US GAAP or IFRS
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills; demonstrated strengths in financial analysis and process improvement
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze ERP transactional detail to provide more transparency of financial data as needed
- Strong communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to operate independently and effectively in dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment, including cross-functionally
- Experience working at publicly-traded companies a plus
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.