"Accounting is the language of business.” Warren Buffett.
We’re delighted to be working with a Business Services organisation to recruit an Accountant for their busy finance team in Richmond. This 15 month fixed contract position could be ideal for a Finance or Accounting graduate looking to progress into their second or third job in the industry.
The successful candidate will initially be based at the firm’s office 5 days a week, and once confident in the role, can work 1–2 days from home on a hybrid basis.
Responsibilities of the Accountant include but not limited to:
To be considered for the Senior Assistant Accountant position:
- Entry of payroll data into monthly accounts and distribution of headcount and key information to client managers and controlling team
- A range of reconciliation including payroll, pension payments and tax payments
- Processing of expenses
- Monthly review and accrual posting of temp staff, holiday accrual, target values and P11d
- Production and posting of accrual journals
- Support team with the delivery of monthly management accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliation of all accruals
- Month End variance analysis for key central budgets
- Overhead forecasting/budgeting
- Overhead month end review
- Documentation of month end reporting
- Closing of period/year in SAP R3 to roll accounts over to new period/year
- Manage journal checklist for month-end to see what has been missed from key monthly figures and inform Accounts Manager. Assist with posting of missing journals
- Authorisation of supplier payments, payrolls, expenses, pension payments in the banking system
- 2 years industry experience
- SAP experience (desirable)
- Strong excel (VLOOKUP’s, Pivot tables, SUMifs)
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.