"Success isn't about the money you make; it is about the difference you make in people's lives."
- Michelle Obama.
Sheridan Maine is partnering an established business to recruit for an Assistant Accountant. This is a newly created role, due to recent growth, and will be based at their Salisbury office with some hybrid working once probation is completed.
Duties of the Assistant Accountant will include:
The successful Assistant Accountant will require the following skills and experience:
- Preparing monthly accrual, prepayment and P&L related schedules
- Analysis of ledger accounts
- Processing invoices and ledger entries into accounts as required
- Chasing debt via email and phone
- Dealing with accounts payable and accounts receivable queries
- Supporting the annual audit for the group and corporate entities
- Providing support with the preparation of Year End Accounts and VAT Returns
- Assisting with the Budget and Forecasting processes
- Daily banking, payment allocation and updating of cash receipts
- Supporting the Senior Management Team with projects and ad hoc analysis
- Reviewing, updating and improving the current processes
- Reconciling allocated balance sheet accounts
- Responding to finance related queries from the wider business
Our client also has a Bournemouth based office. The successful candidate could work from this office, if preferred.
- Ability to use a variety of software packages
- Good numeracy skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Access to own car and full, clean driving licence
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.