Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant
Based in Hampshire, Eastleigh, and operating for over 30 years, our client is the sole distributor of market leading, international brands into the Marine, Industrial and Sporting Sectors.
They offer a wide range of products and are looking to bring someone on board in their accounting team for a 12 month fixed term contract (office based role)
The position is quite autonomous and requires a candidate who can work in a small accounting team in a multi-faceted position.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Processing payments, invoices, income and receipts
- Preparing financial statements showing business income and expenditure
- Paying vendor invoices and tracking bank account balances
- Completing VAT returns
- Verifying the accuracy of business accounts and alerting errors
- Recording any inconsistencies
- Developing monthly financial statements including cash flow, profit and loss and balance sheets
- Preparing employee wages
- Managing employee expense claims
- General admin duties
If you are looking for a role where you can hit the ground running and take on a range of diverse accounting duties then this is the role for you.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re interested in this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.