“Whoso seeks an audit here propitious, pays his tribute, game or fish, wild fowl or venison, and his errand speeds.” William Cowper.
Sheridan Maine is delighted to be partnering with an established organisation based in Bristol to recruit a Senior Internal Auditor. We’re seeking a qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA) with significant auditing experience, someone who is a ‘Big-picture’ strategic thinker and committed to excellent customer service.
Responsibilities of the Senior Internal Auditor will include and not limited to:
The successful Senior Internal Auditor will require the following skills and experience:
- Support the development of the internal audit annual plan
- Develop the detailed internal audit scope and programme for the individual areas within the annual plan
- To prepare the audit programmes with reference to appropriate internal audit standards
- Provision of a range of analysis to aid decision making, assess the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes
- Preparation of a range of reports and present to the CFO, senior management and stakeholders
- Undertake confidential investigations when necessary
- Provision of advice and policy guidance to all areas of the organisation to ensure relevant rules and regulations adhered to
- Regular liaison with stakeholders, providing advice and support
- Analyse audit results to determine methods of improvement and recommendations
- Support members of the business with making system and process recommendations and improvements
- Drive the timely implementation of audit actions across the institution and keep the Audit and Risk Committee informed on the status of audit actions
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.