A lovely opportunity for someone looking to develop their career with a household manufacturing brand, in a role which will benefit from coaching and mentoring of a leader with a solid track record for developing talent through this position.
In this operationally focussed role, you'll manage the month end process working with stakeholders to ensure a timely and accurate close. Utilising your understanding of the manufacturing process and your knowledge of the numbers you'll analyse all KPIs and using your strong rapport building skills your duties will include:
To be considered for this Management Accountant role, you'll need to have/be:
- Challenge Bill Of Material integrity
- Understand costing mechanism and ability to implement changes where necessary
- Calculate the annual standard cost and analyse the results to ensure the accuracy
- Monthly analysis of deviation to standard, working with the business to resolve incorrect drifts and implementing processes to prevent future occurrence
- Ownership of the operational cost centres to ensure business processes are followed and expenditures are controlled
- Monthly close meetings with cost centre managers to review accuracy cost centre prior to closing
- Monthly reconciliation of relevant balance sheet accounts, includes understanding and reporting on risk and opportunities identified
- Understand direct drivers of contribution, with the ability to calculate drifts
- Understand the impacts on margin outside of contribution, with the ability to analyse and explain
- Monthly reconciliation and analysis of PPV and GRNI
- Own the inventory management process, including stock take and monthly reconciliation and analysis, include obsolete stock evolution
- Support the annual budget process and quarterly reforecast
Salary to £55k. Hybrid working is available (one day per week WFH).
- Fully or part qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Operationally focussed experience in manufacturing (ideally) or other product led businesses - retail, distribution, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Initiative, proactive approach
- Curious nature, quick to learn and apply knowledge
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction. Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.