A lovely opportunity to join a vibrant finance team in a key role at an established Birmingham manufacturer with an international parent. This Management Accountant position offers the opportunity to work within a friendly and supportive working environment and is a great name to add to your CV.
In this manufacturing focussed role, you'll manage the month end process working with stakeholders to ensure a timely and accurate close. Utilising your deep understanding of the manufacturing process and your knowledge of the numbers you'll analyse all KPIs and using your strong rapport building skills your duties will include:
To be considered for this Management Accountant role, you'll need to have/be:
- Challenge BOM integrity
- Understand costing mechanism and ability to implement changes where necessary
- Calculate the annual standard cost and analyse the results to ensure the accuracy
- Monthly analysis of deviation to standard, working with the business to resolve incorrect drifts and implementing processes to prevent future occurrence
- Ownership of the operational cost centres to ensure business processes are followed and expenditures are controlled
- Monthly close meetings with cost centre managers to review accuracy cost centre prior to closing
- Monthly reconciliation of relevant balance sheet accounts, includes understanding and reporting on risk and opportunities identified
- Understand direct drivers of contribution, with the ability to calculate drifts
- Understand the impacts on margin outside of contribution, with the ability to analyse and explain
- Monthly reconciliation and analysis of PPV and GRNI
- Own the inventory management process, including stock take and monthly reconciliation and analysis, include obsolete stock evolution
- Support the annual budget process and quarterly reforecast
Salary to £55k. Role currently 100% office based, location easy to reach by car or public transport.
- Fully qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA), QBE or part qualified
- Deep and thorough knowledge of manufacturing (BOMs, costing, stock/inventory, etc)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Initiative, proactive approach
- Excellent rapport builder, able to confidently and constructively challenge operational colleagues on their numbers
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.