“Senior - adjective - of or for more experienced people."
Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with a global communications provider to recruit a Senior Accountant into their London based team. This is a 6-month contract with potential to extend for a longer term. The successful candidate will be required for an immediate start.
You will be part of the EMEA Accounting Team. The main purpose of this job is to provide accounting support to the team to provide timely and accurate accounting and reporting information under US GAAP including support with ad-hoc accounting analysis as directed by the EMEA Director of Accounting and EMEA Accounting Managers.
• Accounting analysis including investigation of SAP balances and journal entries
• Monthly accounting and reporting under US GAAP and statutory reporting under local GAAP
• Preparation of monthly variance commentary for accounting movements (p/l and b/s)
• Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations, as per the Group timetable using OneStream
• Providing support to the annual US GAAP audit and quarterly review processes where required
• Other tasks to be determined by EMEA Director of Accounting
• A Professional Accounting Qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA or CIMA
• A number of years of experience within similar sized entities or from an accounting firm
• US GAAP or IFRS experience
• Microsoft Office – intermediate or advanced Excel
• Good planning / organising skills. High attention to detail with a motivation to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.