Sheridan Maine are working closely with our client who is a growing, entrepreneurial business based in Poole, to secure a Head of Finance for the business.
As the Head of Finance/Financial Controller you will be responsible for running the finance team and ensuring legal and regulatory compliance. You will be responsible for overseeing the reporting monthly, quarterly and yearly against budget, forecasting, managing risk and cash flow, we need someone who is highly analytical and commercially minded. Looking for someone who can assist in increasing profitability long term as they continue to grow and scale internationally.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Head of Finance will work closely with the Senior Management Team to increase the Company’s efficiency and profitability by assisting with the medium and long-term financial plan.
• Reporting on monthly, quarterly and annual results to directors and shareholders
• Ensure tax compliance globally and complete all tax returns as required
• Manage cash flow for the business and conduct P&L cost analysis
• Manage and approve the monthly payroll
• Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations as well as manage the annual audit with external auditors
• Conduct risk management and make recommendations accordingly
• Consult board members about funding options and offer solutions to support cost-reduction
Key Experiences and Skills:
• ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified or Equivalent
• Proven experience working as a Head of Finance or within a similar role
• In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
• Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
• Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting
• Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel and proficient using accounting software
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, innovative and entrepreneurial environment
• Sound analytical and decision making skills
• Knowledge of international taxation is preferred but not essential
On offer to the successful candidate, is a unique opportunity to join a exciting and pragmatic business at a peak growth stage and assist in their ongoing development. This role would suit an up and coming Head of Finance/Financial Controller who would like to be part of a dynamic and ambitious organisation, with beautiful offices and an excellent benefits package.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.