“Action is the foundational key to all success.” Pablo Picasso.
Sheridan Maine is managing the recruitment of a Finance Operations Officer role for a forward-thinking Housing Association based in the Southwest. This position would ideally suit someone who has experience of working in a transactional processing environment and who is quick to learn new IT systems.
The successful candidate will be remote working, with occasional travel required to the firm’s Somerset based office.
Responsibilities of the Finance Operations Officer will include:
- Processing and allocating payments
- Matching and batching receipts
- Raising sales invoices
- Reconciliation of cash and transfer postings
- Processing refunds
- Posting Housing Benefit and universal credit payments to customers’ accounts
- Taking part in investigations of customer and debtor credits
- Seeking prompt recovery of unpaid accounts
- Administration and collection of Direct Debits
- Allocation of direct debit receipts
- Providing credit control service cover when required
- Dealing with customer queries and resolving any issues
- Reconciling payment to the bank statement
- Posting of write-offs and write-ons onto the systems
- Supporting internal departments by providing accounts information when required
- Involvement in ad-hoc and system/service improvement projects
Skills required of the Finance Operations Officer:
- Good numeracy, analytical and financial skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to spot, challenge and resolve anomalies
- Good customer service skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.