“Senior - adjective - of or for more experienced people."
Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with a global communications provider to recruit a Senior Accountant into their London based team. This is a 6-month contract with potential to extend for a longer term. The successful candidate will be required for an immediate start.
You will be part of the EMEA Accounting Team. The main purpose of this job is to provide accounting support to the team to provide timely and accurate accounting and reporting information under US GAAP including support with ad-hoc accounting analysis as well as support the team with external reporting requirements.
- Assist with the EMEA monthly management reporting duties for Opex, Balance sheet and Below the Line reporting and co-ordination of the EMEA flash report
- Monthly accounting and reporting responsibilities under US GAAP, mainly Opex and Intercompany but could expand into other areas
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations, as per the Group timetable
- Providing support to the annual US GAAP audit and quarterly review processes
- Statutory reporting under Local GAAP for several entities
- Assisting management with ad-hoc projects/requests
- Other tasks to be determined by Senior management
- A Professional Accounting Qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- A number of years of experience within similar sized entities or from an accounting firm
- US GAAP or IFRS experience
- Experience of working with SAP
- Microsoft Office – intermediate or advanced Excel
- Good planning / organising skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.