Sheridan Maine are managing the recruitment of a Financial Accountant - Developments, for a leading business with a Head Office in Poole. This exciting role of Financial - Development Accountant comes with the opportunity to become a trusted business partner and team leader, working alongside both internal and external stakeholders that fall with the Group.
As Financial Accountant - Developments, you will be required to lead, manage and motivate a team of two composed of the Management Accountant and their Assistant. The role encompasses the following duties and responsibilities:
- Oversight and production of monthly management accounting
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Monitoring and reporting the on-going performance of the Group’s development portfolio
- Reconciliation of development costs to date to facilitate provision of accurate cashflow forecasts to the Treasury team
- Assisting with cashflow preparation and analysis to facilitate management of intra-group loans ring-fenced for development and commercial activities
- Assisting with the development of appropriate financial reports
- Assisting with the analysis of financial performance for commercial and development activities
- Review project appraisals
- Oversee financial and accounting records are accurately reflected in the accounting systems
- Liaise with and report to budget holders and stakeholders
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and have the following skills and experiences:
- Statutory Accounting, including the ability to analyse, interpret and present financial information clearly and concisely
- Management Accounting and budgeting, including the provision of reporting and summary analysis for Directors and senior stakeholders
- Have comprehensive knowledge and understanding of accounting standards in relation to housing development and construction
- VAT taxation relating to housing development and construction
- Team leadership, with strong communication skills
A highly motivated, tenacious and dedicated attitude, with the ability to provide excellent business partnering service, is also desirable.
This company is based in Poole, however they are offering a flexible hybrid working pattern requiring only 1 day in the office, as well as occasional travel to other sites locally. For this reason, a full driver’s licence and car is essential.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position, and would like the opportunity to have a confidential discussion, please get in touch with Anja Davison on Email: email@example.com or Tel: 07912 701140