“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Sheridan Maine is excited to be working with a Hampshire based manufacturing business to recruit a Junior Financial Controller. This is an exciting opportunity for an AAT qualified student to continue their studies within a supportive work environment.
Responsibilities of the Junior Financial Controller will include:
- Monthly preparation of management accounts within strict deadlines and submit to parent company
- Manage daily cashflow for three currencies, manage foreign exchange accounts
- Complete VAT and year-end payroll return
- Work with materials manager on annual stock control complying with audit requirements
- Oversee annual audit
- Prepare and maintain annual forecast/ budget
- Respond within time constraints to information requests required by law, i.e., national statistics/ VAT etc.
To be considered for the role of Junior Financial Controller, the following qualifications and skills are required:
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Accounting and Finance, or a business with supplemental course work in finance/ related field
- AAT Level 4 with ambition to continue studies to ACCA/CIMA
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.