“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.”
- Abraham Lincoln.
Sheridan Maine is pleased to be partnering with an established organisation to recruit a Finance Business Partner. The company has seen some rapid development in recent months, and this is an exciting opportunity for a finance professional to join as they continue to drive forwards with their ambitious growth plans.
This position would ideally suit someone who has worked in industry but may also suit a first move out of practice. Our client is seeking an energetic individual who has a desire to impact the business and get involved to drive positive change.
Key responsibilities of the Finance Business Partner will include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Project Managers throughout the life of the project to ensure management of critical project accounting datasets are accurate and dependable
- Provide financial support and analysis to various teams as well as the finance and commercial teams to support strategic decision making and risk evaluation
- Ensure that project teams maintain timely preparation and submission of project billings
- Oversee the process to close each project account ensuring accurate costings and final accounting procedures are followed and due diligence is carried out prior to closing the final account
- Own the project elements of the monthly management accounting process, including cashflow schedules, variance analysis and actuals & forecasts
- Perform monthly key project balance sheet reviews
- Conduct review meetings with commercial team and project delivery teams
- Preparing weekly reports
The successful Finance Business Partner will require the following attributes:
- Fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Experience of working in project accounting
- Experience within the construction industry
- Customer/stakeholder focused and experienced in communicating financial knowledge across all levels within a corporate environment
The company are offering a competitive salary and some excellent benefits which include bonus, flexible working hours and pension scheme.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” as soon as possible.