“Be the light that helps others see.”
Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with a global leader in its field; a company that prides itself on its entrepreneurial spirit. They are currently looking for a Head of Audit & Compliance who will join their busy finance team based in central London. This hybrid position will suit a qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) who has proven experience of leading and developing and group audit process.
Responsibilities of the Head of Audit & Compliance include:
Key competencies required of the Head of Audit & Compliance:
- Responsibility for the whole group’s statutory accounts audit and filings taking ownership in meeting all filing deadlines
- Lead the transformation of external and internal audit processes
- Develop a flexible annual audit schedule in partnership with the external auditors in line with quality, time and budget requirements using an appropriate risk-based methodology, incorporating any risk and control concerns identified
- Manage local finance teams and auditors to ensure that Group and Subsidiary audits are delivered on time
- Preparation of reports that document practical recommendations to resolve issues and inspire change improvements
- Ensure compliance with internal financial control requirements and continuous improvement of systems
- Development and execution of a group internal audit plan delivering robust governance and a proportionate controls environment
- Deliver robust, evidence-based, independent assurance opinions to management and the Audit and Risk Committee in accordance with the agreed timetables
- Lead continuous improvement activities to improve audit practices, products, and customer service
- Ensure the team are compliant with professional standards and audit methodology
- Technically strong - up to date IFRS knowledge including IFRS 9, 15 and 16 (US GAAP desirable)
- Multi-currency group consolidation in large organisation
- Expert in using ERP system (preferably SAP s4 hana)
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.