Sheridan Maine is happy to be working with an international specialist retail brand based in the heart of London. This is fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant to work for a reputable listed business with quality and service at the core of their business.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Group Reporting Accountant will be responsible for preparing the overall consolidated numbers as reported externally twice a year. This person will be key to ensuring excellent technical accounting practice in the reporting, as well as have a strong commercial understanding on the performance of the business to provide support and financial guidance to colleagues across all departments.
Duties and Key responsibilities of the Group Reporting Accountant:
- Prepare and own the monthly, half year and year end consolidation, and support the Commercial Finance team on consolidation of budgets
- Responsible for intercompany transactions, including calculations on intercompany interest and recharges, and maintaining the intercompany matrix
- Own the consolidated balance sheet, ensuring all balances are reconciled and supported.
- Prepare the financial statements of all legal entities across the UK, US and France, with the support of finance colleagues
- Work with the team to prepare audit schedules and all other requested audit information
- Be the expert on IFRS, preparing papers on new and/or complex accounting transactions
- Support the Commercial Finance team on budgeting of IFRS matters
- Advise the CFO and CEO on the impact of IFRS rules and compliance on strategic decision.
- Own the IFRS16 schedules, including working with the Management team on lease negotiations and lease amendments to ensure these are correctly reflected in the accounts.
- Liaise with the merchandising team re SEDEX compliance, audit and monitoring
- Integration of the ESG/sustainability piece into the regular reporting structure for finance, operations, risk management and Board governance
- Continuously look to improve and automate processes and controls in all areas, challenge the status quo and implement best practice
- Represent Finance in new initiatives, working with the rest of the business during the project planning and implementation phases to ensure changes will be correctly captured in financial reporting
- Support the Director of Finance and the Solutions Delivery Manager on improving the finance ledger system (Open Accounts) and the move towards automation. This includes interfacing with other systems across the business, updating the ledger to reflect IFRS and implementing consolidation ledgers.
Skills required of the Group Reporting Accountant:
- ACA/ACCA qualified with at least 1 year + PQE
- Excellent IFRS knowledge and experience
- Open Accounts experience – desirable
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.