We are supporting our client based in Poole with the recruitment of a Qualified Management Accountant for a financial outsourcing team who support their clients with the provision of high quality, technology enabled management accounting and advisory solutions and act as their main point of contact for the day-to-day management and delivery of services.
The financial outsourcing team in Poole forms part of the national accounting and outsourcing service line who work collaboratively across the UK and overseas to provide tailored solutions to clients of all sizes from start-ups through to international groups, at different stages of their lifecycles.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the oversight and delivery of bookkeeping assignments, management accounts, VAT returns, CIS returns and cash-flow forecasts for review. Responsibilities will also include providing interim and emergency support to clients along with business insights and advising on accounting software and processes, whilst training and developing more junior members of the team. Assistance with business development and the onboarding of new clients will also form part of the role.
The successful Qualified Management Accountant will provide a high-quality service across the team's client portfolio through:
- Preparing and/or reviewing VAT returns, management accounts and month end processes, some of which are complex in nature
- Preparing budgeting, cashflow forecasting and other business advisory services
- Building strong and enduring relationships with key clients by taking ownership and responsibility for client delivery and assignments to free up manager time, ensuring client deadlines are met in a timely and accurate manner
- Assistance with the management of the department's portfolio in areas such as resourcing, financials and client risk/onboarding, and keeping management informed of progress and any issues arising
- Meeting deadlines and communicating with clients and colleagues professionally and courteously
- Mentoring, supervising, and training more junior members of the team to ensure that bookkeeping records are ready in time for management accounts and VAT preparation
- Contributing to national department initiatives and projects
- Assisting with the preparation of proposal documents to enable the department to increase its client portfolio and communicating effectively with other service lines to increase cross-referred business
- Raising the profile of Mazars as an advisor of choice by ensuring clients are fully satisfied by the service and support they receive and clients are aware of all other Mazars service offerings
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified with broad practical accounting & ideally outsourcing experience
- Mixture of industry and practice experience idea, however it is not essential
- Experience in preparation of management accounts and month end close processes, VAT returns, budgets, and cash flow forecasts
- Takes ownership of projects, and takes responsibility for quality control
- Solutions person – ability to be proactive and use own initiative
- People management skills with a passion for developing others and themselves
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and client handling skills
- Strong numerical and IT skills – ability and desire to learn new technology, proficient in excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills with food attention to detail
- Experience of Xero and/or other accounting packages would be beneficial
The company are offering hybrid working and excellent benefits which include 25 days holiday. The office is located close to public transport links and has free car parking available on site.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.