Sheridan Maine is pleased to be working with a major plc British publishing group, who are seeking to take on a Group Financial Accountant to work in their London Bridge offiices, within walking distance of tube stations Bank, Tower Hill and Monument.
This represents an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified accountant from within an audit/practice firm (ACA, ACCA) seeking a move into industry and wanting to gain commercial exposure in a dynamic and fast paced environment. Providing a key role in supporting the finance function as the group repositions itself for its next phase of growth and development. Experience of preparing client accounts within a mid-tier firm would also be highly relevant for the position. Previous exposure to preparing statutory financial statements and reviewing statutory accounts would be desirable. The organisation has an enviable record for training, development and internal promotions.
The role involves working at a senior level across the business and entire group, reporting into the Group Finance Director, with exposure across the business and up to board level.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation of annual group consolidation and group statutory accounts
- Preparation and co-ordination of annual statutory accounts across the group
- Manage the year end reporting cycle and audit process across the group, as a key audit contact
- Liaising with the group finance function and non-financial staff across the business
- Assist with the preparation of group tax computations, supporting schedules and tax provision packs for review by Group Finance Director
- Review and maintain strong financial controls and procedures across the business, including review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of investment property quarterly management accounts
- Oversee group intercompany reconciliations and maintain the intercompany loan and interest schedules
- Ad hoc assistance with accounting and technical issues across the group, providing support for the wider finance teams and for non-financial staff
- Provide support to accounts payable, accounts receivable and treasury functions
- Provide support for any group VAT issues
- Manage and maintain strong statutory reporting and compliance procedures to ensure all statutory reporting deadlines are met on a timely basis
- Supporting the Group Finance Director and Commercial Director on ad hoc group projects, including the implementation and accounting for group reorganisations, balance sheet tidy ups and liquidations etc
- Support wider finance function with technical tasks and act as a key audit contact
- Liaising with advisors and other key contacts on a project-by-project basis as necessary
- Ad hoc projects
- ACA/ACCA qualified with a practice background
- Technically proficient and system savvy
- A self-starter, with an ability to use own initiative and creativity to work unsupervised
- Team player with good communication skills
- Not afraid to roll those sleeves up and get stuck into the business
- Organised and an ability to meet tight deadlines
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and competency with financial reporting/accounts preparation software
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re interested in this position or are keen to hear more, please click on “apply” above as soon as possible!